TestFit was founded to design buildings in milliseconds--to help architects and developers solve real estate deals with ease. This idea, and our implementation of it, has enabled us to survive our first year as a startup. As we approach October 1st, the one year anniversary of releasing TestFit, we are taking a moment to look back over the past year on all that we have accomplished with our Startup Year One in Review.October 2017
- Launched Residential Engine - The first out-of-the-box generative design tool
- Made the first sale of Residential Engine
- Released Residential Engine 1.011 - "Spaces and 3D"
- First outside of Texas sale (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Released Residential Engine 1.012 - "Tabulation"
- First out of state trip (Atlanta, Georgia)
- First annual contract, company-wide sale
- Released Residential Engine 1.013 - "Input"
- Formalized macro-bim as a possible value proposition
- Presented Residential Engine at Society for Construction Solutions, Boston
- First Sale in Florida
- Released Residential Engine 1.014 - "Manual Mode"
- Presented Residential Engine at Society for Construction Solutions, San Francisco
- First Sales in California and Massachusetts
- Released Residential Engine 1.015 - "Wrap-Podium"
- First Sales in Colorado and Wisconsin
- Re-branded to TestFit
- Released Test Fit 1.0
- First Sales in Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Minnesota and Virginia
- Formalized Deal Information Modeling
- First International Sale to the United Kingdom
- Released TestFit Version 1.001 - "Multiple Sites"
- Implemented Deal Information Modeling
- First sales in Indiana and Washington
- Released TestFit Version 1.002 - "Lifts"
- Drew up some real estate infographics
- First conference booth at AEC Next
- Won AEC Hackathon for "Scan Point"
- First sales in Arizona and France
- Released TestFit Version 1.003 - "Unit Editor"
- Presented TestFit at USC BIM BOP - Our first academic engagement!
- First Sales in Maryland and Iowa
- Released TestFit Version 1.004 - "Dynamo"
- Released Submit-A-Site - A SaaS solution for the test fit process
- First company to publish an algorithm on Hypar
- Posted our first job listing!
- Submitted Generative Noise Abatement to NMHC
- First Sales in North Carolina
- Working on a secret project to be released sometime in October
- First BIM model built from TestFit geometry
- First implementation of automatic free trials for TestFit
- Accepted to Y Combinator Startup School