Our new regions tool unlocked so much flexibility and customization in creating mixed-use developments by combining multiple configurators on one site two dimensionally. But we are not stopping there.
We’ve expanded our regions tool to allow for multiple uses vertically in a building and added the ability to fill existing geometry with a different configurator. Now you can maximize the potential of every site three dimensionally.
Here are the updates included in TestFit 4.03 release:
- 3D regions enable you to create multiple uses at specific heights in a building.
- Dependent fill regions allow configurators within existing geometry, enhancing flexibility.
- Many improvements have been made to navigation and in-canvas interaction to reduce clicks and improve visibility.
Let’s dive right in.
With our new 3D regions tool, you can now create multiple uses at specific heights within a building. This means you can design mixed-use buildings easily with our real-time AI configurators, while getting automatic costing and quantity takeoff for each program type or the entire deal.
To achieve that, we have added a level setting, so you can set different configurators at different height in your design.
For example, by using regions at different heights, you can have an apartment building on top of a parking garage, or even retail on the ground floor.
Place office buildings with parking garages on the first level.
Note: 3D regions do not aim to solve vertical coordination between different regions at height, but rather provide you with more creative freedom in architectural programming.
Dependent Fill Regions
Think that’s it? We have more in stock for you with dependent fill regions!
Dependent fill allows you to place configurators inside the geometry of an existing configurator. For example, a surface parking lot can be placed inside the greenspace of an industrial configurator.
Or a garden style multi-family building can be placed inside the block of low density housing.
We’ve been working hard to improve the user experience navigating in canvas with the more detailed NavTree by reducing the number of clicks, making editable layers more visible, and adding preselection highlighting.
- Increased the zoom height threshold at which parcels are visible.
- Improved the styling of the global setback control.
- Improved multifamily solve robustness to generate solutions on more complex sites.
- Changed the default global setbacks from 20 feet to 10 feet and 3 meters.
- Simplified the navtree structure by flattening regions that hold only one direct child.
- Layers defined from presets will now show the preset name as their layer name instead of as their type name.
- Added a "Layer Configuration Invalid" error type for site layer arrangements that will not produce output.
- Removed the "above grade" and "below grade" controls from garages. They now use the level range controls every other layer has.
- Improved how child layers move with parent layers when changing their levels.
- Fixed being unable to place a space in a region when it's first created.
- Fixed being unable to click the in-canvas preset selector when it's obscured by manual mode controls.
- Fixed missing green areas in housing solves.
- Fixed a case where changing a site to manual mode could drop its buildings.
- Fixed a case where drives would disappear when creating manual buildings.
- Updated the Garden preset to remove redundant layers.
- Fixed sites becoming locked when adding unparked layers next to other free-shape regions.
- Fixed highest region getting changed when changing another layer's preset.
- Fixed a case where clicking outside of a site to clear the selection didn't work.
- Fixed a crash when deleting a parking stall type when parking stalls are pinned.
- Fixed rendering artifacts on thick lines.
- Fixed a case where files with multiple high-density regions could fail to load.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when swapping presets.
- Fixed the garage entrance context menu cutting off.
- Removed a state where the interactive scope was disconnected from the selected layer.
- Deleting a stall type no longer closes the stalls panel.
- Fixed parameters in the dynamic units panel failing to update.
- Fixed some instances of commands not undoing properly.
- Fixed the map opacity slider appearing when it should not have.
- Fixed inconsistent styling on the "Shadows" button.
- Fixed incorrect roofs over large void spaces in high density buildings.
- Fixed a crash when adding new unit types to garden databases.
- Fixed not selecting a layer when dragging its side.
- Fixed garage parking stalls being under-reported for unitless high density buildings.
- Fixed the per-level gross garage area being over-reported.
- Fixed not being able to drag large sites.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when manipulating roads.
- Fixed parcels sometimes conflicting with inline spaces.
- Fixed "export DXF as WGS84" not staying toggled on between sessions.
- Fixed the "delete preset" prompt appearing behind other open dialogs.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when changing the number of townhome levels.
- Improved high-density garage placement in sites with small edges.
- Fixed missing high-density massing around garages.